Fairgrounds Nashville Improvement Project Update: The Week in Review: March 25-29
April 1, 2019
- If you've been on the site in the last couple of weeks, you will have noticed big changes: Two weeks of consistently good weather means roofing is progressing quickly and skin is being added to Expo 3.
- Sanitary sewer line installation from Nolensville Road continues.
- The concrete slab for Expo Building 2 has been finished and the outdoor canopy pours for all expo buildings is underway.
- Roofing for Expo 3 continued and is almost complete.
- Building skin installations are in progress on Expo 3 in our signature "Fairgrounds blue" and gray color scheme. (See photo below.)
- Steel erection on Expo 1 is proceeding rapidly.
- Subcontractors continue hauling excess material off site nd bringing the Show Arena are to grade
- The mechanical, electrical and plumbing continue the underslab utility installation beneath the sheds.
- The advent of good weather means more trades are operating on site with an average of 30-50 workers per day.
- Judge dismisses lawsuit that fought Nashvilles MLS stadium construction (Tennessean, March 27)
- Shark Tank Announces Open Auditions at The Fairgrounds Nashville (WZTV Fox 17, March 23)
- Tennessee State Fair Will Find a New Home (Tennessean, March 18)
- Tennessee State Fair in Search of New Location (WTVF News Channel 5, March 18)
- Why Nashville SC's MLS Team Decided it Won't Play at Fairgrounds Soccer Stadium Until 2022 (Tennessean, March 21)
- Fairgrounds Construction Running on Time Despite Recent Rainfall (WRKN Channel 2, March 21)
Roofing is almost complete on Expo Building 1
Siding in gray and "Fairgrounds blue" on Expo 3
Schematic drawing shows completion of concrete pads in green