Fairgrounds Nashville Improvement Project Update: The Week in Review: April 1-5
April 8, 2019
- In Expo 3, roof panels, wall panels and insulation are complete.
- Construction of concrete masonry unit (CMU) walls at the overhead doors are underway.
- Installation of the covered porch framing and roof panels for the porch have begun.
- CMU construction at northwest restrooms and family restrooms is ongoing.
- In Expo 2, excavation for the loading dock has wrapped up and floor grade excavation is underway.
- Steel frame erection began in the last week in Expo 2 and began in Expo 1, the biggest of the three expo halls.
- The stem wall and loading dock formwork and steel reinforcing is ongoing in Expo 2.
- Slab prep for Expo 3's covered porch is underway.
- Site work is 90 percent complete, site utility work is ongoing, and construction of the pads for the Show Arena and Sheds 2 and 2 have started.
- MLS Stadium Project Potential Roadblock for NASCAR's Return to Nashville (Tennessean, April 3)
- Good weather allows for noticeable progress to be made at Fairgrounds Nashville (WTVF News Channel 5, March 30)
Restrooms in Expo 3 under construction.
Interior of Expo 3 - the biggest of the three buildings - showing completed roof.
Expo 2 concrete slab.