Fairgrounds Nashville Improvement Project Update: The Week in Review: August 5-9
August 14, 2019
We are currently moving the administrative offices of Fairgrounds Nashville to the new Expo Center. We apologize for any inconvenience. The new expo site is not yet open to the public so please contact us via email, phone, or cell if you’d like to make an appointment and we will make necessary arrangements to meet with you. Note: The Flea Market offices will not move until August 30. We can’t wait to show you our beautiful new buildings at September 6 ribbon cutting.
(Note: As construction on the Expo Center wraps up, you will note this update reflects more of the inspection process necessary for getting occupancy permits)
- ADA inspections are underway for site concrete and will be ongoing through the month.
- Installation of hand rails throughout the project continues.
- In Expo 3, storefront glass placement continues.
- Installation of mill-work in the offices of Expo 3 has started.
- In Expo 2, loading dock equipment is being placed.
- The rough-ins of MEP in the Expo 2 kitchen continues.
- The architectural and engineering team has begun creation of the punch list for all buildings.
- Sheds 1 and 2 are still getting pervious pavers placed.
- The electrical contractor has begun installing overhead electrical in the show arena.
- Mechanical equipment has been started in Expos 1 and 2 and rough cleaning is taking place in all three expo buildings.
- Metro Council Considers Stopping Demolition at Fairgrounds (WTVF News Channel 5, August 6)
- Goal of NASCAR's Return to the Fairgrounds 'Within Reach' (Nashville Post, August 6)
- Saving NASCAR's Soul, One Racetrack at a Time (Forbes, August 5)
- It Looks as if the MLS Has a Nashville Problem (Sports Talk Florida, August. 5)