Fairgrounds Nashville Improvement Project Update: The Week in Review: May 27-31
June 4, 2019
- Steel erection in the Show Arena is finished and roof installation has begun.
- Gutter installation is ongoing at all buildings.
- Air turnover units are being installed in Expo 1.
- Construction of concrete masonry unit walls continues in the Expo 2 bathrooms.
- Drywall is being hung in Expos 1 and 3.
- Footings for concrete are being excavated for the loading dock and excavation for base foundations at loading docks and ramps have started.
- Nashville-Based Otherworld Encounter Returns for Encore Exhibit at Nashville Fairgrounds (Broadway World, May 30)
- Sprint Cars Hit the Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway (WSMV Channel 4, May 30)
- World of Outlaws Dirt Track Racing Coming to Fairgrounds Speedway Nashville (Tennessean, May 29)
- Nashville Fairgrounds Building to Host One Last Wrestling Show Before Demolition (Tennessean, May 30)
- From Bill Freeman: It's Worth the Wait to see Our Historic Track Restored (The Nashville Scene, May 30)
A panoramic view of the site shows the project beginning to look complete.
The interior of Expo 1 with fire suppression installation equipment.
World of Outlaws begins loading in on Thursday.